Ironman

The summer 2008 movie season officially started today with the release of Ironman. I had been planning to see it on opening day, and I took an extended lunch along with one of my employees to see if the coolness of the trailers lived up to the film.

It did.

In fact, Robert Downey's Tony Stark is possibly one of the best "alter egos" of any of the super hero flicks out since Toby McGuire spun out as Peter Parker a few years back. But I wasn't sure if Robert would sell Tony. Sure, he was perfect as the self-absorbed Tony, but I knew at some point he has to become a hero, and I honestly did not think I was going to buy it. Not quite as big of a gamble as Michael Keaton's Batman, but that was in the back of my mind.

I remember reading Ironman, but I do not believe that I had ever caught his origin story. I liked this story. And, with the state of the world, it was very timely. I was never really sure about the circle on his chest and what it was for (beyond giving him power for the suit). And the suits! Wow, we get to go through three versions of the Ironman suit until we get to the one we are most familiar with.

I really liked Jeff Bridge's character because it took me a while to pin him down. With no hair and a beard, he looked like no other character of his I had seen before. At some points the story felt a little long, but the pace picked up once Ironman came on the scene.

Ironman is great summer movie material. Best enjoyed with Popcorn, a ice cold beverage and a box of Goobers.

And Stan "The Man" Lee. I really appreciate that he has a cameo in each of the Marvel flicks. What a way to honor a guy who has given us so much through the years.

Excelsior!

Comments

James said…
It is nice to see Stan Lee getting the credit he deserves, and it's nice seeing his cameos in movies of characters he created. His cameo in Iron Man was his best yet. Excelsior!
Steve said…
I agree. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.
Rick said…
I was let down, but can't wait for the sequel to come.

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in Peace, Miss Moneypenney

Captain Marvel Makes Her Debut