This Year's Oscar Picks

It’s not unusual for me to wait until the last moment to post my Oscar picks. I am always torn between picking my favorite in a given category or choosing the artist or film that I think will win, regardless of my own opinion. What follows, this year, is a combination of both, a few predictions and a few hopefuls. We'll see how I do following tonight's Oscar telecast.

Supporting Actress Viola Davis, Doubt
Supporting Actor Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
Actress Kate Winslet, The Reader

Actor Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler
Editing Slumdog Millionaire
Art Direction The Duchess
Cinematography The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Costumes The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Makeup The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Visual Effects The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Screenplay, Adapted Frost/Nixon
Screenplay, Original In Bruges
Song Peter Gabriel, “Down to Earth,” WALL-E
Score The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Foreign Film Waltz with Banshir
Documentary Encounters at the End of the World
Animated Feature WALL-E
Director Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire
Picture Slumdog Millionaire

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in Peace, Miss Moneypenney

Captain Marvel Makes Her Debut