On The Trash Heap of My Memory

Funny that James should post about the Russell House Theater. While in college, I worked at the Bush River Mall Cinema, a mall that died and has been replaced with a Walmart. I started working there shortly after my graduation in May of 1986 until the time that I quit for the second time (circa 1989).

Besides kicking James out once for sneaking into a Theater (under the influence and guise of Stanley), the best part of working there was changing the marquees on thursday night. I nearly lost a finger on that sign, and I still bear the scar. I changed the sign while Hurricane Hugo was bearing down on South Carolina. And this sign was the inspiration for my first Computer program, ultimately leading to my current career.


And, btw, I more than made it up to James who got his free share of movies during this stint, and my next one at Blockbuster Video.

Comments

James said…
Ah, yes, the Bush River Free Cinema. Steve R. was with me when Stanley threw me out! Ha! I'd like to see Stanley get his job back there now! Ha! (Unless he wants to work at Wal-Mart.)
Steve said…
Lots of great memories from that mall and theater. If memory serves, the idea for the great Charleston ploy was spawned late one night in the theater parking lot.

Popular posts from this blog

Rest in Peace, Miss Moneypenney

Captain Marvel Makes Her Debut